Welcome to the METRA Rocketry Club Webpages!
TRA Prefecture #094
4/4/14 We are GO for launch tomorrow !!! See you there!
4/3/14 Our first launch is this weekend at Pine Island !!!
We hope everyone can come out to the launch, and join us for some rockets, have some of Lloyd’s lemonade, and have some fun! Some notes:
- We need some people to help set up Saturday morning. We plan to meet at the container at 8:30 AM. Please come help out – the more that come, the faster we can be launching.
- Please keep your speed on the site to under 10 MPH! Follow the signs to the launch area.
- The weather looks good for this weekend. We will post a final GO or NO GO for the launch here on Friday between 3 and 5 pm.
- Its YOUR club. Everyone should pitch in with at least one job: setup on Saturday, cleanup on Sunday, RSO, LCO. Its not fair to ask that the same few do most of the work at every launch. Please help out!
- Please renew your membership. You need to be paid up and have filled out a waiver form. For this weekend, this can be done by PayPal (preferred before 7 pm on Friday), or on the field. Do it now before you forget !!!!
- You can also download and fill out flight cards before coming to the field:
- Flight fees for this launch will be $10 for one day or $15 for both days.
- Our food vendor, Lloyd will be there both days. AMW and Wildman CT will also be there. Please visit our on-site vendors, so that they can continue to support our club!
- Our waiver is 4500 feet AGL. The impulse limit is an “M” as long as you can show that you will not exceed the waiver.
- We will be flying under Tripoli Research Rules. To fly EX, you must be level 2 and a Tripoli member. NAR and Tripoli members are welcome to fly commercial motors up to their certification level. Per the TRA Research rules, people under 18 years old not permitted on high power range (except for certification with mentor).
- Craig Lynch will not be able to attend, so see a board member if your rocket goes off the field. Don’t just wander onto another’s property. We need to maintain good relations with the neighbors, and at least on is VERY hostile towards rocketeers.
3/6/14 The Microtel is out of rooms for our first launch.
The other hotels in the area may fill up quickly as well, get your reservations soon! This morning the Mariott and Hampton Inn still had rooms available.
The Mariott in Middletown, NY is now offering a special rate for METRA:
Use the discount code “METRA”.
The room rate is $114 for April’s launch, and $139 for May – November. Reservations must be made before the 15th of the month.
24 Crystal Run Crossing, Middletown, NY
First Launch of the year: April 5-6, 2014.
Please join us for the first launch of the season! We hope everyone has had a great rocket-building season, aka winter, and is ready to come show off their latest projects. Please try to come by 9am, and meet at the container to help with setup. We can be flying that much earlier if more show up to help.
Board meeting Jan 2014
METRA will be back in flight with our first two launches taking place on April 5th and 6th and then May 3rd and 4th. The rest of the launch dates will be finalized pending crop seeding and growth patterns determined by our great landowner. The Board of Directors will be finalizing summer and fall launches by mid to late March. For all launches, please follow the directions to the storage container and then proceed via the directional signs you will find there. All launches will be governed by Tripoli Rocketry Association Research Rules. NAR members may fly commercial motors up to their certification level at these launches. The FAA waiver for our field is 4500’ AGL Please go to metrarocketclub.org to renew your membership for 2014. We do have a PayPal option to renew memberships.
Vendors committed to attending the launches are:
Nadine’s will be our food and beverage vendor at launches.
Please support those who keep us full and flying.
The Microtel Inn in Middletown, NY is offering special rates for the club at
Continental Breakfast is included
We are looking forward to a great year of flying, please see all of our launch rules and fees located on the club site.